Specialized in sports law
Our clients are clubs, football players, federations, agents and any other sports-related activity entity. Among our clients, highlights the extensive roster of football players, clubs and football players agents whom we advise and represent worldwide.
Thanks to our exclusive dedication and specialization in sports, we are capable of satisfying our clients’ needs, offering legal advice based on our identifying firm values.
The world of sport is a completely globalized and tremendously changing sector. Therefore, at MUÑOZ & ARIAS we understand that in order to provide a service that meets our clients’ needs, we must have a global, versatile and strategic vision, capable of adapting to our clients’ professional lives changes. That is why, we have reached agreements and strategic alliances with national and international firms and agencies inside this industry, providing us sufficient guarantees to offer the highest quality service to our clients.
Our sports legal services, based on an absolute dedication to our clients, can be broken down into two main areas:
- Contract legal advice, when negotiating a sports contract, such as:
- Transfer contracts, providing legal advice in national and international (temporary or permanent) transfer of players.
- Football players, coaches and technical staff employment contracts.
- Agency contracts or power of attorney.
- Advice on labor matter, with incident in professional football players’ special labor relations.
- Legal advice on discipline matter to national and international football clubs.
We also represent our clients in dispute resolution
- Jurisdictional procedures based on employment matters (RD 1006), representation (agents and football players) and sports organizations bankruptcy proceeding.
- Procedures before FIFA relating to contractual stability (Art 17 RSTP), solidarity mechanism and training rights, disputes between clubs, agents, clubs and coaches.
- Arbitration procedures, both nationally and internationally, especially before The Court of Arbitration for Sport (TAS/CAS), assuming/ taking over the legal counsel in any kind of sports arbitration.